Home > Student Development > Catholic Education
As a government-aided school with affiliation to the Catholic church, the school organises religious activities to nurture the spiritual development of Catholic students and non-Catholic students who wish to take part.
The Catholic faith formation programme, Faith Alive! is held every Friday from 12.20 to 1.20pm. Catholic students are encouraged to come together as a community to learn about their faith, to pray, for fellowship but most importantly to journey together in their 4 to 5 years in school, knowing that there are brothers and sisters in Christ to share their joy and go through difficult times together.
Praise and worship sessions are held during these weekly sessions for the Catholic students. Speakers are occasionally invited to share their faith journey.
The sessions are led by Brother Damian Tay, Mr Zerah Goh, the pastoral worker from Montfort Centre and 5 Catholic teachers Ms Feline Tong, Miss Naomi Lizaso, Mr Joshua Yeo, Mdm Wang Ping and Ms Wendy Chan.
Other events planned for students include:
- Mass at the commencement of the school year, on the feast day of our patron saint, St Louis Marie de Montfort and Mass of Thanksgiving with exam intentions at the end of the year when the whole school comes together to pray.
- Confessions and sacrament of Reconciliation during the season of Lent
- Morning rosary prayers in May(Month of the Blessed Virgin Mary) and Oct (Month of the Holy Rosary) at the rosary garden St Joseph Church Bukit Timah.
- Learning journeys out of school to churches, Catholic organisations and visits to our brother institutions in Malaysia
- Year end retreat or recollection
- Montfortian Adventure Retreat for Youth in Action for student leaders
Young Montfortian Associates, a co-curricular activity started in 2019, is a group of youths in our school who live, share and promote the spirituality of a total commitment to Jesus through Mary.
Our Catholic students are given opportunities to use their talents to serve God in the various ministries, by providing music during Eucharistic Celebrations through playing instruments like the keyboard, guitar, cahon and singing, serving as lectors or leading school in prayer during assembly every morning.
We ask for the intercession of our Lady of Assumption and pray that St Louis Marie de Montfort will continue to watch over us and guide us each day so that we may bring glory to God in all the work that we do!