The world is constantly changing with time. As the youth of today, our Assumptionites need to have cultural awareness and cross-cultural skills. Under the constraints of the classroom it is quite impossible to bring the entire world to our students. Our solution? Bring our students to the world!
In Assumption English School, we believe in creating authentic learning experiences for our students. Our Internationalization programme aims to provide overseas learning platforms to develop our students in the 21CC of global awareness and cross-cultural skills.
We aim to provide every Assumptionite with the opportunity to participate in at least one overseas learning programme by the end of their secondary school education in Assumption English School.
Our outbound Cultural Exchange Programmes include
- Cultural Exchange Programme with Assumption College, Lampang
- Cultural Exchange and Service Learning Programme in Vietnam
Our inbound Cultural Exchange Programmes include
- School visit by educators from Zheng Zhou, China
- School visit by educators from Assumption Samut
Through these programmes, we want our students to be able to:
- Practise independence, teamwork and charity through
service to the community.
- Establish a sense of
- Adopt an approach of sensitivity to the cultures
around the world.
- Develop a global awareness and gain fresh insights
on life outside of Singapore.
- Build ties with our schools of Montfort Brothers of St Gabriel.
OUR OUTBOUND CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES
Thailand: Cultural Exchange at Montfort
College & Assumption College
Not just sharing a meal but sharing a plate too
Assumptionites trying their hand at traditional Thai instruments.
Vietnam: Cultural Exchange and Service Learning
It’s a masterchef challenge. Girls VS Boys.
Doing small things with great love. Enjoying the simple pleasures in life.
INBOUND CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES
School visit by educators from Zheng Zhou, China
School Exchange Programme with Assumption College, Samut Prakan,Thailand
Delegates visited the Food Lab where Assumptionities learn about Nutrition and Food Science